Breaking news

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Louis, the cat with a love for artwork and hair-ties

Eleven-year-old Louis is the undisputed Queen of the household.

Louis isn’t your ordinary 11-year-old. Adopted from the SPCA, this beautiful, fluffy and adorable feline has superior tastes, notably in fine art and fashion.

Her owner, Shazwina Manmohan, who prefers to call herself Mama Cat, says Louis is drawn to art. Well, it’s more a case of Louis preferring to sleep on the artwork Shazwina produces and on occasion, destroying everything in sight.

“She likes to sleep on my artwork and has destroyed multiple pieces. Also, whilst I’m into my puzzle, she tends to sit right on it, oblivious to the fact that she may be messing it up completely.”

Louis likes to sit with Shazwina at her worktable and supervise her artwork.

Shazwina says that Louis is the undisputed leader of the pack, who demands the respect of the four other cats she lives with. She is also the smartest.

“She’s the Queen at home, and all the other cats have to obey her. When Louis is around, all the others stay away. Not that she’s feisty, but she’s definitely used to getting things her way.

Besides her love for art, Louis also has a passion for fashion. “I have a tiny drawer where I store all my hair-ties, and lil’ miss sneaky here knows how to pull the drawer out and reach in to grab as many hair-ties as she can with her paws.”

Some days the job of supervising gets too overwhelming and Louis likes to take a power nap to get re-energised.

In fact, Louis likes to play with anything that Shazwina frequently uses. “Be it my paint brushes or erasers. There’s really no point me buying any pet-friendly toys for Louis, she’ll just ignore it and play with my personal items instead.”

Louis is also a voracious eater and devours just about anything she is fed. “She hates salmon, though. I wonder why till today.”

Louis is pretty much everywhere that Shazwina is – even presiding over a jigsaw puzzle in progress.

Unlike other cats who hide in fright at the sound of booming thunder or vacuum cleaners, Louis is fearless and doesn’t even flinch. “But she is very afraid of the gardeners who come over to the house every fortnight. You’ll see her running helter-skelter when they turn up,” Shazwina says.

Although a senior cat and somewhat mellow these days, Louis can be moody. “I sometimes believe she’s got a split personality. She can be friendly one minute and fierce the other, quite unexpectedly. You think she’s approachable one minute, and the next minute you just regret getting close to her.”

Having a snooze after giving her stamp of approval.

Louis’s sleeping arrangements are varied. “She has multiple spots at home where she sleeps, but it all depends on where I am. If I’m chilling in the living room, she’s got her corner on the sofa near me. Otherwise, when I’m in my room painting, she sleeps on my worktable right in front of me.”

At night, Louis sweetly requests for cuddles and almost immediately dozes off on Shazwina’s bed when she gets her fill.

Looking every bit the beautiful leader of the pack that she is.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR PET: FMT Lifestyle readers are invited to send in pictures (landscape format) and a short video (if any) of their furry, scaly or feathery friends to lifestyle@freemalaysiatoday.com. Don’t forget to include details like your pet’s name, age, breed and a short story about them.



from Free Malaysia Today https://ift.tt/2OQWJCR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment