Breaking news

Monday 27 July 2020

Bunny, the Netherland Dwarf with a big personality

Bunny is the love of Vinny’s life.

Bunny is a four-year old Netherland Dwarf, who belongs to Vinny Tan. This tiny critter makes up for what he lacks in size with a big personality that is a combination of cheeky, cute, naughty and loving.

Vinny says that she never gave a thought to adopting a rabbit until she helped babysit a friend’s bunny once.

Her first meeting with Bunny was bittersweet. He was huddled up to his mother, the last one standing after all his siblings had found their own forever homes.

Bunny was a nervous baby but soon became confident in his new forever home.

“He was a nervous bunny who just wanted some alone time. That personality trait resonated with me – I was exactly like that when I young. So, I decided to adopt him.”

Bunny was very shy, timid, nervous and scared of everything when he first arrived at Vinny’s home, a far cry from the many bubbly bunnies Vinny had raised as a young girl.

“Probably because he was raised in a cage, he was overwhelmed to see that he suddenly had all this space in my home to roam around in. I gave him the time and space he needed to get used to his new surroundings and to get familiar with me parenting him,” Vinny says.

Bunny and Vinny are inseparable.

Over time, Bunny did warm up to Vinny and started exploring every single area of his new home. “He became comfortable with me holding him and even trimming his claws,” Vinny says.

She adds that Bunny was very cute and cheeky as a young bunny. “At three months old, he learned that he could actually hop to higher places. So he decided to hop onto my bed, onto the TV rack, and onto cupboards.”

He also discovered that he had teeth and took to chewing everything he came in contact with.

“He chewed off the TV wires, my earphone wires too. Then he started chewing up cloth before he found how much he liked wood. One time he hopped onto my bed where I had carelessly placed my tank top and he chewed off the straps.”

Bunny making himself comfortable on the warm wooden floor.

Vinny says she used to scold Bunny for the mischief he got up to and give his butt a little pat to reprimand him.

“Whenever I yelled ‘no!’ at him when he had done something naughty, he would pause and look at me as though he actually gets why I’m angry and that he had done something wrong.”

Vinny says one of Bunny’s “cute yet silly” characteristics is “nose bonks”. “It’s his unnecessary curiosity to sniff at everything including the air-conditioner repair man and his construction ladder.”

Bunny also has this odd habit of easing himself in Vinny’s toilet instead of his own litter box – maybe he thinks he’s human.

Bunny is a tiny four-year-old with ‘cute yet silly’ characteristics.

“Bunny like taking naps by suddenly flopping to his side with his tummy exposed or what I call ‘doing a bun loaf’ and looking like a ball. I call him ‘happy bola’ when he does that loaf thingy,” Vinny says.

She adds that there are those odd days when Bunny appears to be withdrawn and nervous. “When I notice this change in him, I give him space to deal with whatever that’s bugging him, and then pat him as a sign of assurance that he’s in safe hands.”

Bunny is slow to make friends and took his time getting to know Vinny’s boyfriend. “Bunny took his time getting used to having my boyfriend around…and to the new name my boyfriend gave him,” she says.

“My boyfriend calls him ‘Bernie’ because he looks like a derp or ‘Uncle Bunny’ because he’s old,” Vinny says.

While Bunny doesn’t flinch at loud sounds like the hair dryer or the washing machine, he does get startled and shows his “shooketh” face when Vinny’s boyfriend sneezes.

Bunny loves to lie on his back with his furry and soft belly exposed.

Now that he is four years old, which is equivalent to 40 years in human age, Vinny says Bunny spends a lot more time resting than you used to.

“He likes to lay down on the floor next to my table where I work. He sleeps from morning until evening and becomes active from evening until night.

“He knows I eat dinner on the floor in front of the TV every evening, so he remembers to lay down tummy-exposed next to me, to accompany me while I eat,” Vinny says.

“Like having a friend whose presence matters more than words, Bunny does a great job in consoling me without saying anything or making my life better without doing anything.

“I hope to have many more years of having Bunny sitting next to me while I enjoy my alone time at home,” Vinny says.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR PET: FMT Lifestyle readers are invited to send in pictures (landscape format) and a short video (if any) of their furry, scaly or feathery friends to lifestyle@freemalaysiatoday.com. Don’t forget to include details like your pet’s name, age, breed and a short story about them.



from Free Malaysia Today https://ift.tt/2WZekNt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment